We have just released Brian 1.3.1, available via easy_install -U brian or from our download page.
This is a minor release, but there are some nice new features and many small improvements (listed below).
- New PoissonInput class
- New auditory model: TanCarney (brian.hears)
- Many more examples from papers
- New electrode compensation module (in library.electrophysiology)
- New trace analysis module (in library.electrophysiology)
- Added new brian.tools.taskfarm.run_tasks function to use multiple CPUs to perform multiple runs of a simulation and save results to a DataManager, with an optional GUI interface.
- Added FractionalDelay filterbank to brian.hears, fractional itds to HeadlessDatabase and fractional shifts to Sound.shifted.
- Added vowel function to brian.hears for creating artificial vowel sounds
- New spike_triggered_average function
- Added maxlevel and atmaxlevel to Sound
- New IRNS/IRNO noise functions
- SpikeGeneratorGroup is much faster.
- Added RemoteControlClient.set(var, name) to allow sending data to the server from the client (previously you could only receive data from the server but not send it, except in string form).
- Monitors do not process empty spike arrays when there have not been any spikes, increases speed for monitored networks with sparse firing (#78)
- Various speed optimisations
- Fixed bug with frozen equations and time variable in equations
- Fixed bug with loading sounds using Sound('filename.wav')
- SpikeMonitor now clears spiketimes correctly on reinit (#75)
- MultiConnection now propagates reinit (important for monitors) (#76)
- Fixed bug in realtime plotting
- Fixed various bugs in Sound
- Fixed bugs in STDP
- Now propagates spikes only if spikes exist (#78)